Set up an account
- How do I post jeans for sale?
- Can I add a picture to my posting?
- Can I add HTML tags or URLs in my posting?
- How can I edit my posting?
- How soon does my posting expire?
- How can I delete my posting?
- How do I complete the transaction?
- What recourse is there for a transaction gone wrong or a person/post that is not being honest?
- Can I advertise my services/business on MyUselessJeans.com?
- How do I become a dropoff location for MyUselessJeans.com?
Use the Donate Jeans link to enter the information about the jeans you are donating.
When you enter the information about the jeans you are donating, a shipping label option will be available.
We know that for some it may be difficult to pay for the shipping. Here are some suggestions:
- Combine shipments with your friends
- Ask your place of employment to allow you to use their shipping resource (it never hurts to ask!).
- Ask your favorite store to become a drop-off location.
Hopefully one day we will have free drop-off locations! If you want to become an approved drop-off location, send an email to dropoff@MyUselessJeans.com.
When you enter the information about the jeans you are donating, a tax deduction receipt will be available.
Set up an account
Click on My Account and, choosing a username and password, complete all fields in the form.
How do I post a jeans for sale? Use the Sell Jeans link. You must have an account.
- Register or go to your account.
- Provide details about your jeans by brand, size, gender and style
- Determine a price
- Post your item and buyers will be provided with details to contact you via email.
- After 30 days if your jeans do not sell, you will be provided with packaging and shipping information for making a donation.
Posting from your account will allow you to post, edit, delete, and donate.
Yes, you can post two pictures when you post your jeans. Image one will be the picture in the on the listings page, Image two will appear with image one on the item page.
At this time no html tags can be used in your posting. URLs can be included however they will not create a hyperlink.
Go to your account and login. Use the “My Jeans for Sale” tab to locate the jeans to edit. Click edit and make the necessary changes. Editing your post will not bring it to the top of the list.
After 30 days you will have the opportunity to easily donate your jeans. Postings expire in 45 days and are removed from the site.
Go to your account and login. Use the “My Jeans for Sale” tab to locate the jeans to delete. Click on delete and confirm for your posting to be removed from the site. Please note, all postings are automatically deleted upon expiration.
It is their responsibility of the seller and the buyer to complete the transaction via email communication, phone communication or other resources.
Use the Buy Jeans link for a list of recently posted jeans. For more search
options, click on Advanced Search and enter specific details for jeans you
are interested in purchasing.
After finding jeans you are interested in buying, use the Notify Seller button to have an email automatically sent to the seller in order for the other party to have your contact information. It is their responsibility of the seller and the buyer to complete the transaction via email communication, phone communication or other resources.
If you feel you’ve been cheated in a transaction or that there is false advertising on the site, please let us know so we can look into it on the site, and so we can be prepared to provide whatever help we can. We recommend using PayPal or credit card transactions to complete sales.
If you are interested in advertising on MyUselessJeans.com, please contact us.
We are always looking for new dropoff locations across the country. If you
are interested in becoming a dropoff location for MyUselessJeans.com, please
Still have questions? Contact us.